The Bryan Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
at Houston Northwest Medical Center
Houston Northwest Medical Center has been providing comprehensive rehabilitation services for more than 40 years. Because our hospital is a certified Primary Stroke Center, and is designated Level III Trauma Center, we are familiar with a wide variety of diagnoses.
Most importantly, we focus on the patient, being careful to treat each individual with compassionate, responsive care. The goal of our entire staff is to quickly build trust among patients and their families, so that we can get patients back to the highest level of functional independence possible. We want them to leave happy and fully satisfied with the results.
Timing Is Key
The best time to refer a patient to our facility is as soon as a potential need for intense rehabilitation is recognized. The Admission Liaison will keep in close contact concerning the admission status of the patient. Patients are admitted as quickly as possible pending the status of insurance authorization and the patients’ medical stability.
Medicare and other healthcare regulatory organizations determine the criteria for admission. All admissions determinations are made by a team of healthcare professionals led by our Medical Director of Rehabilitation.
For admission, patients must:
- Require a coordinated interdisciplinary plan of care that includes two or more therapies (PT, OT, Speech)
- Be able to participate in a minimum of 3 hours of therapy, 5 days a week
- Have the potential to significantly improve his or her functional abilities
- Require 24-hour supervision of a physician specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Require 24-hour supervision of a registered nurse with specialized training in rehabilitation
- Be 18 years of age or older
Our goal is to help our patients regain independence. After discharge, however, the patient may continue to require assistance to move, eat, bathe, dress and use the toilet. Patients will be treated through a highly collaborative approach comprised of specialists in multiple disciplines.
The team may include:
The Diagnoses we treat most often:
- Physiatrists/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Registered Dieticians
- Physical Therapists
- Respiratory Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Case Managers
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Stroke (CVA)
- Major Multiple Trauma
- Neurological Disorder
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Brain Tumor
- Spinal Cord injury (may be limited)
- Brain Injury
- Other related diagnoses
Call the Bryan Rehabilitation Center at 281-587-3200 for more information.
For referrals call 281-587-3202.